header

Sunday 10 March 2013

Berlin Scrapbooking

 Well I have at last begun to get my scrapbook pages sorted out for the trip I had in December to Berlin. Here are a couple of my favourite pages, since it was only Ken and me on the trip both feature my hubby. 


The first piccy above was taken in the Bundestag glass dome. It was an amazing place as it married both old and modern architecture so beautifully. The dome was designed by a British guy Norman Foster who of course also designed The Gherkin, London Hearst Tower, New York and the Millennium Bridge among many other amazing structures. It was amazing the way glass and mirrors had been used to give not only light but also heating for the building. The dome also gives a great vantage point from which to see across the whole of Berlin. 

In creating the page I tried to use greys silvers and greys to reflect the materials used for the building and the shiny reflective qualities.I also felt the use of the cogs lent themselves to the ideas of construction and the mechanical features of the dome. I'm rather pleased with the end result.


This picture was taken on the platform of the station at Alexanderplatz in the centre of Berlin. As you can see Ken looks really pleased with himself, well at this point he thought he was off to get his Curry-wurst but sadly he never got it as the place was closed. I like this page as its bright and I enjoyed using the stamps in conjunction with the differing papers.

I hope you like the pages I'm pleased with them but your comments are always appreciated. I also appreciate if anyone has any suggestions of places to look for different types of embellishment to use in scrapbooking. I am particularly interested in more masculine types of embellishments, as flowers seem to predominate and I'd like some different types of stuff I could use.  

5 comments:

  1. fabulous pages.. love the layout and colours, ive left you a little present on my blog, pauline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layouts but not so sure about the curry-wurst. There is the occasional european food market in Reading and I have seen ads for them there, but have never been tempted. Think I'll stick to all things crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cogs and gears layout - really great industrial grunge look! Personally I'd take any kind of wurst over a banger any day!! Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comment - much appreciated!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't sign up for the free candy. But thanks for the kind comments. I like the wurst but not the curry stuff it looked a little toxic to me ha ha

      Delete