header

Sunday 11 March 2012

Mother's Day Ideas

Whilst I was making perfumed sachets for Valentines Day I also used some oddments of fabric to make a number of of other bags/sachets  which  I filled with lavender and rose potpourri. the fabric wasn't exactly on a Valentine theme but I thought they might come in useful later. Now they have I decided to fancy them up a bit for Mothers Day gifts  

A few of the perfumed sachets I made
 Its very easy to create the sachets just squares or rectangles of fabric sewn together and stuffed with polyester filling and a perfumed sachet inside.Once made I grouped them into threes and then tied them with pretty ribbons and added some silk flowers. I also made a few individual ones, as you can see from the picture below .   

  
The finished items
I think these are very pretty and yet simple to make. They also make your linen smell great and keep away moths when put into drawers etc. 

2 comments: